Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Life.Is.Precious

I just wanted to share a few little things with everyone since I haven't gotten a chance to update the blog as much as I'd like.
Drake is growing like crazy! He'll be 3 months old tomorrow and wow does time fly! About this time 12 weeks ago I got to see the bugger for the first time. I still have pictures to share of the labor and delivery adventure.
Here are a few little milestones and special moments we have shared with Mr. Drake since his arrival.

The first well lit picture I took of Drake after we got home.
Our first "tummy time" adventure....

ended like this!
Yes, he rolled over (when his feet hit the pillow!) He has been incredibly strong since DAY ONE! He's been able to hold his head up, although not steady, since DAY ONE! This was after his one week checkup and the nurse "awarded" him 'Strong man of the Day!' and "First baby to spin around on the warmer while having their reflexes checked.'


He's is already perfecting his gaming abilities - Daddy is PROUD!
He came home with a little bit of jaundice so we sat with him in the indirect sunlight of our back door.
Daddy is an awesome swaddler and even impressed the doctor in the hospital with his wrapping ability. Drake loves to be swaddled.
Drake has been and continues to be a VERY alert baby!

Drake is super helpful - he likes to help me with the diaper paperwork!
Drakie is one COOL KID!
And he likes puppies!

So far he enjoys daycare - this is after his first day there. FYI, we can't get him to keep the binky in for more than a minute or two. They have some kind of magic touch!

And here he is at 2 months! It's really hard to believe it's been another month since then!


I will work on some more pictures of the last month soon. Keep us in your prayers. I took him to urgent care on Saturday and back to the regular doctor today. He's got bronchitis and we are waiting to hear from the chest xray to rule out pneumonia. He feels horrible and is really tired and coughing but he's still a really cheery little guy! He played in his ExerSaucer for 15 minutes this evening and was having a good ol' time.

Love,
~S
P.S. Daddy is in Indiana for training for another 2 week so we are hanging out just mom and baby!

UPDATE: Drake does NOT have pneumonia, yay!

No comments: