We are expecting a bundle of joy on June 22, 2009!
This is the first ultrasound picture we had taken on December 8th. We got to see our little one's arms and legs moving and you could SEE it's heartbeat! The little one had the hiccups at one point during the ultrasound and we saw it suck its thumb! SO AMAZING! The doctor looked around for a while and since I was just 12 weeks on the Dec. 8, he pushed and pushed and after a little while, the little one even turned a bit. Nate laughed and later said "It was saying 'Here's what I think of you pushing on me!' and turned it's butt towards us!"In terms of pregnancy symptoms, I haven't experienced morning sickness. Before the pregnancy, I ate breakfast every morning and typically woke up thinking "FOOD!!!" Now, I'm not hungry first thing in the morning but haven't had any nausea. Otherwise, life has been greatly affected by this back pain I referenced in an earlier post. Actually, it was so bad for about 2 weeks that I avoided updating the blog because it was all I could really think about! I'm sorry guys and we will get some updates up here after the busy holiday season. As for the back pain, it is sciatica but they can't tell me what is causing it because they can't do a MRI or take xrays. I had trouble with sciatica in January but it was caused by muscles spasms. Now I am not having muscle spasms so we are not sure what is going on. I took some prescription medicine for about 5 days until the intense pain passed and have been going to the chiropractor regularly. Those things with rest have stopped the pain but my back gets really tired easily. Otherwise, I'm just starting to actually "feel pregnant" now. My clothes are getting tight and I'm starting to show. For those of you who haven't see me this year, I made Lifetime on Weight Watchers earlier this year and was the smallest I have been in about a decade! Hopefully, that helps me keep this a healthy pregnancy.
As for Nate, he's been working a lot and keeping really busy! He helped me when my back was hurting a lot and is really excited about the little one!
Have a good Christmas Eve! We love you all!
~N&S

jpg-bw-lor.bmp)
No comments:
Post a Comment